Friday, November 27, 2009

Year 10-isms

With Year 10 finally coming to a close I have decided to document some of the lowest points of my classes abilities. All of the following were said by Year 10 students, and goes to show that some of us are just really, really stupid.

[Upon the class (finally) deciding the capital of the U.S.A. is in fact Washington and not London] "But I thought the capital of America was George W. Bush."

[After studying the Cold War for half a year] "Are we communist or capitalist?" and "What's communism?"

I Jokingly said: "Russia is in northern Africa", the person I was speaking to replied (seriously): "Okay, thanks."

[Ten minutes before the History School Certificate test] "What's the Cold War?" (having given up, I replied sarcastically "A war fought in an Arctic environment". They believed me. I'll feel incredibly guilty if they fail their SC)

[After studying To Kill a Mocking Bird for the passed two months] "I thought Boo Radley was the dog."

"Who is Hitler anyway?" [At first I thought she wanted some in depth information, but no, she had no idea at all]

Too many Geographical mistakes to list, but some include: Not being able to label the continents; not being able to find Russia (Hint: It's the BIG one), the U.S.A. or Britain; getting countries and continents mixed up ( e.g "I know where Asia is, it's in China")

And the winner is:
"Isn't Australia in the Northern Hemisphere?"

Have any of your classmates ever said anything really, really dumb? If so, feel free to post them.

1 comment:

  1. My class isn't quite that dumb but in year 11 we had some Sam-isms after one of the girls. I don't know if I can remember any though...
    Oh wait! Got one:
    "Do plants need batteries?"
    WTF? I don't even know what she meant that was just... bizarre...
    ...
    Argh! I can't remember anymore. Sorry

    ReplyDelete